Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Herman and Caroline Sonnenberg



These are my grandparents. They were the brave souls that came from Europe to start a new life here in America. I think the child in Grandpa's arms is my uncle.


Grandpa came over first, possibly from Ukraine, around 1911. We are still trying to figure out all that mess. (Seems he sneaked over under someone else's name... ) Grandma came over from Poland (or was is Prussia?) about 1920 or so. Yes, it's all very confusing. When they came over, boundaries were changing on a regular basis, and alliances were also changing.


They settled in Ohio, found each other, and married. No, they did not know each other in Europe. And I really don't know how they met. But that may be a story for another time... I guess I need to talk to Daddy...



No comments:

Post a Comment